Wednesday, June 16, 2010

"Don't Rush (Take Love Slowly)"

Well, it has definitely been a while since I've checked in. To my followers, if any at all, I want to apologize for being absent the past couple weeks. Between having my parents come down, then going back home for a week, and now working 6 days a week, I just haven't had enough time to clear my mind and write. With the time I've been given right now, I'd like to share with you my heart.

LIFE IS CRAZY. In this phrase, crazy is not a negative adjective. It's simply an adjective to state the overwhelming respect I have for my maker. I'll start by saying that it's crazy how my God can love me as much as he does. He continues to love me with each passing mistake, and lets face it...I'm human and definitely make my share with each passing day, as do we all. He continues to do everything he can to keep us on our toes and keep us guessing. The fact that he knows exactly where I'm headed, when all I do is fear that uncertainty every day, is enough to command my faith. I have not been nearly as good as I've wanted to be about reading scripture, and devotionals and simply talking with God. I know I need to get better, more obedient. I don't get why I can't be consistent with a few simple acts, when God comes in and blesses me in ways I never thought possible.

I have been praying for God to show me some direction in my life. Not nearly enough, but he knows it's what's been weighing on my mind. He knows the thoughts of a full time job and a wife, and a family and stability and simple direction have consumed my thinking since december. I know I can't rush into anything nor force it by my own hand, and I think for the first time ever, I can say that I haven't. It's normal for me to jump into things and the fact that I didn't the past couple months has created a whole new option for me, made possible through him. He knows exactly what I'm looking for and that's why I haven't been able to find it on my own. My standards are high and I believe that's a good thing. I know exactly what I want, what i'm looking for, what's going to fit me best, and who I'm going to fit best. That's why I knew it was time to stop jumping into things. I couldn't just date someone, though I know there are a couple of flaws with her that I'm hoping will go away, simply on the fact that I think I can change her or don't want to be single. It's reached that point of my life where it's way more than that.

I think he's given me that opportunity. I've met someone who did not enter my life through my terms. I didn't seek her out. I didn't find out everything there was to know about her before we met. I stayed patient and let God do his thing. I met this girl who may be perfect for me. She has truly got it all, and I'm really enjoying just getting to know her right now. Am truly slowing down things in my life and seeing where it is that God wants me to be. Florida? Michigan? Georgia? Just trying to stay calm and keep my head and mind clear enough to hear him speak to me. I need to continue to put my faith in the plan he has set aside for me and actually start following it. I just ask for the continuation of love and support from my friends and family, you know who you are! And with that, trust me when I say.....I'm doing everything I can right now to become the man you expect me to be! Live, Laugh, Love.

"Hope is the most exciting thing in life and if you honestly believe that love is out there, it will come. And even if it doesn't come straight away there is still that chance all through your life that it will."

1 comment:

  1. Faith makes all things possible.... love makes all things easy.

    It's amazing when we realize that we need to take a step back and let God take the wheel and not worry so much about what is going to happen but just trust that He will take care of us. He loves us and wants us to trust in Him. And although we may be in for a few surprises, it'll definitely be worth the ride. Everything happens for a reason. And many times they happen when you least expect it. Just always remember to keep your eyes, ears, and your heart, open becuase you never know what God has in store for you next ;)

    ReplyDelete