Tuesday, September 15, 2009

"Wild Wild West"

So you're all probably wondering why i chose the name "surviving the box" to be my blog's website address. It's pretty simple really. My best friend has left this earth. My girlfriend abandoned me. My roommate bailed on me. I live alone. I feel alone. It's almost like being trapped inside a box. Like I'm being isolated from this world. It's a true test from God i feel, and to be honest, so far...i'm failing.

I'm failing because i'm wasting myself. I'm sitting here still moping over someone who saw it as extremely easy to forget about me. why don't i have the ability to forget about her like that? I think i must have been in a much deeper love. I feel like i'm also doing things i shouldn't do. In fact i know i am. I'm not doing what God has in store for me. I don't exactly know what that is yet, but i now i'm not doing it.

Trying to survive life in a box is like a movie i just saw. "Into The Wild," is about a man who leaves all his money, his family and all his worldly possessions behind him. He sets off and spends two year just traveling throughout the land, completely on his own. However, even in a trip of isolation, he comes across some pretty amazing people that influence his life. God just did that for me. Through a random and meaningless class of badminton, I met a fellow who just might be my twin. We have so much in common it's ridiculous, and better than that, even though it's not a good thing, we are going through some of the exact same troubling times. Facing the same kind of destruction that breaks someone's soul. God may have just saved my life, my faith and my hope by giving me this friend.

"A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out."

No comments:

Post a Comment